It is amazing that by simply weaving craft sticks, you can set off a chain reaction that is simply thrilling to watch. In this fun and challenging experiment, each craft stick that you lay is bent over the stick that comes before it and it is tucked under the stick before that, creating a great deal of tension in the wood.
This experiment takes a great deal of patience to master, but once you get the hang of it, you will possess a great time weaving this one again and again. The beginning of the chain is the hardest part as a result retain trying and don’t get discouraged. Remember that as a resultmeone or as a resultmebusiness must hold down the third craft stick in this chain as you build the rest of it or else the craft stick lattice will not stay together.
- A large amount of jumbo craft sticks
- A partner
How to Do It
- Begin by laying two jumbo craft sticks in the shape of an X on a flat surface.
- Weave the end of a third jumbo craft stick underneath the end of the craft stick on the bottom of the first stick in the X shape. It should look like a lopsided tic tac toe board.
- The rest of the third stick should go over top of the craft stick on the top of the X.
- Make sure to retain pressure on the third stick throughout this entire chain reaction project.
- Repeat step 2 with a fourth craft stick. This time, start underneath the second craft stick and weave over the third.
- Continue adding sticks like this until you possess created a extremely long chain that resembles lattice.
- Once you’ve finished weaving your chain, let go and watch the chain reaction that ensues before your eyes.