I used to possess an egg-boiler appliance, but it broke. So, I was left to boil eggs the old-fashioned way: in a pot! I couldn’t bear in mind that, from mom’s advice, how long to boil them, whether to possess the eggs in the pot before the water boils, or after.
So, I searched the internet. I found a couple of hits on how to boil eggs, but this one was different and it worked well.
My husband said that this was the “best ever” egg salad.
The site says that this method is called “coddling” eggs. It is an easy method, I feel, and the eggs were done perfectly when I was done.
- Use eggs that are 3-5 days old
- Warm eggs to room temperature (30 min out of the fridge)
- Put eggs in right size pot as a result that the eggs are in one layer, not stacked
- Bring eggs JUST to rapid boil over HIGH heat
- Cover and remove from heat, letting eggs stand in the hot water for 17 minutes for large eggs, 20 min. for jumbo eggs
- Take eggs out and cool in combination of cold water and ice (at least 10 minutes)
This site alas a result has information on how to address Easter eggs.